Applications for 2019 entry Scholarships are now open.
Academic and Music Scholarships are tenable until the student has completed Year 12 and cover the School's tuition fee or a fraction thereof. The Haileybury entrance fee, administrative charge and any levies are still payable.
Academic and Music Scholarships are awarded during the Annual Scholarship Round in November each year on the basis of a common examination and interview. The examination is conducted by an independent testing agency. Students applying for a Music Scholarship are also required to audition.
Haileybury scholarships are usually awarded as a 25% to 50% discount on tuition fees. Limited numbers may be offered above this amount.
The following academic scholarships are available:
- Years 5, 7 and 10 at Keysborough, Brighton and Berwick campuses
- Years 7, 9, 10 and 11 at the City campus.
The Academic Scholarship Program for entering Year 5 in 2019 is available to external students only. All other academic scholarships for a 2019 entry are available to both current and external students.
Music Scholarships are available for entry into Years 7 and 10 at Keysborough, Brighton, Berwick and City campuses. Additional Year 9 Music Scholarships are available at the City campus only.
Students applying for a Music Scholarship must be studying at least one instrument at the following minimum AMEB Grade level or equivalent:
- Year 7: AMEB Grade 1 for Voice. AMEB Grade 4 for Pianoforte or Violin. AMEB Grade 3 for other instruments.
- Year 9: AMEB Grade 2 for Voice. AMEB Grade 5 for Pianoforte or Violin. AMEB Grade 4 for other instruments.
- Year 10: AMEB Grade 4 for Voice. AMEB Grade 6 for Pianoforte or Violin. AMEB Grade 5 for other instruments.
For audition students must present:
- A piece on their principal instrument (accompaniment will be available)
- Prepared sight reading (provided a few days before the audition)
- Aural Tests (at the AMEB level expected)
Music Scholarships are tenable until the student has completed Year 12 and normally cover the School's tuition fee or a fraction thereof and the whole of the instrumental tuition fee for the principal instrument when learning at Haileybury. The Haileybury entrance fee, administrative charge and any levies are still payable.
A commitment to perform in Haileybury ensembles and/or choirs is an essential condition of holding a Music Scholarship and can be reviewed by the Head of Music at any time.
Parents of students who are recipients of a Music Scholarship are expected to attend performances and become members of the music parents support group.
Date: Saturday, 11 November 2017
Time: 8.30 am for a 9.00 am start
Locations: Keysborough, Brighton, Berwick and City campuses
Students will be asked to bring one of the following forms of ID to the testing:
- Student card issued by the candidate's current school
- Current student travel card
- A recent class photograph with the student and his/her name clearly shown
- Passport (recent)
- Current library card (with photograph)
Please be advised that the results of the scholarship testing will remain the property of the School and will not be released to families or shared with other schools.
Music Scholarship Auditions
Dates: Thursday, 2 and Friday, 3 November 2017
Location: Keysborough campus
Applications Open: 1 August 2017
Applications Close: 27 October 2017
No late applications will be accepted.
Submit your application by clicking on the relevant button below:
Year 10 Keysborough, Brighton & Berwick
Years 5 & 7 Berwick
Years 5 & 7 Brighton
Years 5 & 7 Keysborough
Years 7, 9, 10 & 11 City
Please note that scholarships will only be awarded for the campus you apply for.