Remarkable VCE Results for the Class of 2020
Haileybury students have produced the second-best set of VCE results in the School’s history. This is a remarkable achievement in a year in which they faced, and met, many challenges.
Completing the VCE is a true achievement and a 100% pass rate underlines our students’ dedication and commitment to hard work.
Two Haileybury students, Oscar Jeffrey and Jun Wen Lin achieved the highest possible Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 99.95. Remarkably, 32% of all boys and girls were in the top 5% in Australia. 52% of Haileybury Girls College students and 51% of Haileybury College students attained an ATAR in the top 10% in Australia.
These extraordinary results are a testament to our students’ commitment, work ethic and to brilliant teaching. They place Haileybury at the top of performances by Victorian and Australian schools.
Haileybury is an open entry school and the achievement of 94% of all students in the top 40% in Australia is an excellent reflection of our commitment to every student. Our School motto that “Every student matters every day” is being lived and is reflected in students having the opportunity and the support to reach their potential.
Haileybury’s 2020 graduating cohort deserve great credit for their fortitude and resilience. Our brilliant teachers have demonstrated the highest professional standards and care.
- 2 highest possible ATAR scores of 99.95 were achieved by Oscar Jeffrey and Jun Wen Lin.
- 51% of students attained an ATAR of 90 and above, placing them in the top 10% in Australia.
- 29% of Haileybury Girls College Study Scores were 40 and above.
- 27% of Haileybury College Study Scores were 40 and above.
- 7.5% of students attained an ATAR of 99 and above, placing them in the top 1% in Australia.
- 32% of students attained an ATAR of 95 and above, placing them in the top 5% of Australia.
- 94% of students were placed in the top 40% in Australia.
- 38 Study Scores of the maximum 50 were achieved in 8 different subjects.
- 12 students from Year 11 attained maximum Study Scores of 50.
- Haileybury recorded a median ATAR of 91.