Haileybury is acclaimed as a great private school. The acclaim stems from our highly successful parallel education model, outstanding teachers, small class sizes, an unmatched level of individual attention, outstanding academic VCE results, a strong international focus and over 125 years of history.
Results for the National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) for 2008 to 2019 saw Haileybury's academic success was an outstanding set of collective results.
- Haileybury is ranked the number one co-education primary school and the number two secondary school for girls and boys in Victoria.
- Our 2019 NAPLAN average for Years 3 and 5 (primary) was 553.4, compared to the National average of 459.76.
- Our 2019 NAPLAN average for Years 7 and 9 (secondary) was 631.4, compared to National average of 557.97.
- Haileybury’s Years 3 and 5 average (553.4) is comparable to the National Years 7 and 9 average (557.97).
- These results rank Haileybury in the top 0.5% of schools in the country.
VCE Results 2020
- 2 highest possible ATAR scores of 99.95 were achieved by Oscar Jeffrey and Jun Wen Lin.
- 51% of students attained an ATAR of 90 and above, placing them in the top 10% in Australia.
- 29% of Haileybury Girls College Study Scores were 40 and above.
- 27% of Haileybury College Study Scores were 40 and above.
- 7.5% of students attained an ATAR of 99 and above, placing them in the top 1% in Australia.
- 32% of students attained an ATAR of 95 and above, placing them in the top 5% of Australia.
- 94% of students were placed in the top 40% in Australia.
- 38 Study Scores of the maximum 50 were achieved in 8 different subjects.
- 12 students from Year 11 attained maximum Study Scores of 50.
- Haileybury recorded a median ATAR of 91.
- A 100% VCE Pass Rate was achieved
Outstanding professional teachers are fundamental to optimal learning. Haileybury’s teachers are exceptional and encouraged to thrive beside their students. Their talents are nurtured by:
- An annual Professional Recognition Program
- Classroom visits and appraisals for all teachers
- A teacher coaching model
- Performance-based pay bonuses