Haileybury is acclaimed as a great private school. The acclaim stems from our highly successful parallel education model, outstanding teachers, small class sizes, an unmatched level of individual attention, outstanding academic VCE results, a strong international focus and over 125 years of history.
Results for the National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) for 2008 to 2018 saw Haileybury's academic success was an outstanding set of collective results. These are available on the My School website.
- Haileybury was ranked the number one co-education primary school and the number two secondary school for girls and boys in Victoria.
- 95% of Haileybury students achieve above the national benchmark in literacy and numeracy for their year level.
- These results rank Haileybury in the top 0.5% of schools in the country.
VCE Results 2018
- Three students achieved a perfect ATAR of 99.95
- 44% of students in the top 10% in the country
- 93% of students were placed in the top 40% of students in Australia
- 25 perfect VCE Study Scores of 50 were achieved in 11 different subjects
- 96% of students received a first round tertiary offer
- Most popular universities were Monash University and the University of Melbourne
Outstanding professional teachers are fundamental to optimal learning. Haileybury’s teachers are exceptional and encouraged to thrive beside their students. Their talents are nurtured by:
- An annual Professional Recognition Program
- Classroom visits and appraisals for all teachers
- A teacher coaching model
- Performance-based pay bonuses