Socio-Economic Scholarships are open to students entering Year 7, 2023 whose annual family income is below $80,000. These scholarships are means-tested and are awarded for 2023 enrolment at Haileybury’s Berwick, Brighton, City or Keysborough campuses. Socio-Economic Scholarships are tenable until the student has completed Year 12, so long as the means test is satisfied. If family income rises above $80,000 in any financial year, the scholarship for the following year may be reduced at the discretion of the School.
The value of Socio-Economic Scholarships is determined by the School, according to its assessment of the family's ability to pay and may be as much as 90% of the School's tuition fee. The Haileybury entrance fee is waived, however, the administrative charge and any levies are still payable.
Applications Open: TBA March 2022
Applications Close: TBA April 2022
How to Apply
All applications must include:
- Socio-Economic Scholarship Application Form
- Two most recent School Reports
- Most recent NAPLAN results
- Two most recent tax returns
All applications must be printed and posted to Haileybury Admissions, 855 Springvale Road, Keysborough VIC 3173.
Applications received after the close date will not be considered.
- We would like you to assist us in being environmentally conscience and ask that you do not submit applications in display folders, plastic pockets or other presentation packs.
- Shortlisted students will be invited to attend an interview to discuss their application.
- Please only provide information requested for your application. Students who are invited for an interview will be most welcome to present further documentation of their achievements.
- Applications will be considered by Haileybury's Scholarships Committee.
- Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- Applications for entry into Year 5 in 2023 is not open to current Haileybury students. (Current students can apply for Year 7 or Year 10 entry in 2023).
- Students are permitted to apply for one scholarship category only. Where multiple scholarship applications are received from one student, one will be selected at random for consideration.