Haileybury is acclaimed as a great private school. The acclaim stems from our highly successful parallel education model, outstanding teachers, small class sizes, an unmatched level of individual attention, outstanding academic VCE results, a strong international focus and over 120 years of history.
Results for the National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) for 2008 to 2015 saw Haileybury's academic success was an outstanding set of collective results. These are available on the My School website.
- 97% of Haileybury students achieve above the national benchmark in literacy and numeracy for their year level.
- These results rank Haileybury in the top 0.5% of schools in the country.
VCE Results 2016
- 5 students achieved a perfect ATAR of 99.95
- 45% of students in the top 10% in the country
- 91% of students were placed in the top 40% of students in Australia
- 33 perfect VCE Study Scores of 50 were achieved in 15 different subjects
- 95% of students received a first round tertiary offer
- 70% of students recieved offers to universities ranked in the top 100 in the world
- Most popular universities were Monash University and the University of Melbourne
Haileybury has outstanding teachers - the fundamental requirement for optimal leaning. Haileybury teachers are professionals and the School has:
- An annual Professional Recognition Program
- Classroom visits and appraisals for all teachers
- A teacher coaching model
- Performance-based pay bonuses