Haileybury is acclaimed as a great private school. This acclaim stems from our highly successful Parallel Education Model, outstanding teachers, small class sizes, an unmatched level of individual attention, outstanding academic VCE results, a strong international focus and 125 years of history.
Results from the National Assessment Program—Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) from 2008 to 2016 have seen Haileybury achieve an outstanding set of collective results.
These are available on the My School website.
- Based on the national testing results for 2016, Haileybury was ranked the number one co-educational primary school and the number two secondary school for girls and boys in Victoria
- 97% of Haileybury students achieve above the national benchmark in literacy and numeracy for their year level
- These results rank Haileybury in the top 0.5% of schools in the country
VCE Results 2016
- Five perfect ATAR scores of 99.95 were achived.
- 45% of students in the top 10% in the country.
- 8.5% of students achieved an ATAR of 99 and above, placing them in the top 1% in the country.
- 33 perfect VCE Study Scores of 50 were achieved in 15 different subjects.
- 30% of girls' Study Scores and 24% of boys' Study Scores were over 40.
- 92% of students received a first-round tertiary offer.
- Three students accepted the highly prestigious University of Melbourne Chancellor's Scholarships.
- Monash University and the University of Melbourne were the most popular universities.
Haileybury has outstanding teachers—the fundamental requirement for optimal learning. Haileybury teachers are professionals and the School has:
- an annual Professional Recognition Program
- classroom visits and appraisals for all teachers
- a teacher coaching model
- performance-based pay bonuses